Explanation of Bill
- Subscriber Line Charge is to recover the amount telecommunications providers must contribute to the Federal Universal Service Fund, which helps keep phone rates affordable for all Americans. This fee is applied to each access line that is provided exchange service.
- KY Telecommunications Relay Service/TDD is a Public Service Commission mandated charge to subsidize telephone service for hearing impaired individuals.
- Line Access Charge is the tariffed monthly telephone service rate.
- Unregulated Charges are charges for services not directly relating to phone service such as wiring maintenance plan, rental of phones, and E911 charges.
- Long Distance Service is the charges for your long distance telephone calls.
- Federal Universal Service Charge is to recover the amount telecommunications providers must contribute to the Federal Universal Service Fund, which helps keep local phone rates affordable for all Americans.
- Kentucky Lifeline Support assists eligible low-income consumers on their monthly local telephone bill. (KUSF)
- A Late Fee is added to your phone bill after 30 days with no payment.
- Access Recovery Charge – On July 1, 2012, WK&T customers began seeing the Access Recovery Charge added to their phone bill. The Access Recover Charge or “ARC” is a gradual, measured, monthly charge adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This multi-year transition fee is just one part of the Inter Carrier Compensation (ICC) Reform. The Access Recovery Charge is designed to recover increased network costs for access circuits used to provide service to customers. Overall, the ICC Reform is to facilitate a continued investment in broadband infrastructure.
The ARC fee cannot be charged to Lifeline customers.
New ARC fees as of July 1, 2016:
Residential Line Accounts ….. $2.50 per month ARC fee
Single-line Business Accounts ….. $2.50 per month ARC fee
Multi-line Business Accounts ….. $3.00 per month ARC fee
Though the FCC Reform will impact WK&T and our customers, we strive to give you the best products, services, and price. If you would like more information about the reform, please visit www.fcc.gov.
You may also call the WK&T customer service department at 1-877-954-8748.